2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Bowyer's Bench » ELB?

Author Topic: ELB?
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who would you recommend to build a true ELB. I have an 82 yr old customer that wants a new one. He's been shooting his for 40 yrs and thinks it's time.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9249 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Jelinek
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Jelinek   Email Jason Jelinek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might be as good of a place as any.
http://www.bickerstaffebows.co.uk/

Posts: 871 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay St Charles builds a pretty good ELB or Ted Fry.

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 12988 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PZee
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PZee   Email PZee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are willing to import from the UK, then I recommend www.yewtreearchery.co.uk Keith Reyner is a brillient bowyer. He made me an absolute bolter for me. Bamboo backing, purpleheart core and putujuma belly. It's the fastest, smoothest ELB I've shot and everybody comments on it. He was also £100 cheaper than any other bowyer! Pip Bickerstaff (Mentioned above by Jason) is also a good bowyer, highly recommended here in the UK. But for sheer professionalism and build quality you can't beat Keith @ Yew Tree Archery.

--------------------
'Impi! wo 'nans' impi iyeza
Obani bengathinta amabhubesi?'

Posts: 278 | From: South Africa Baby!!!! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PZee
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PZee   Email PZee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard Head @ www.english-longbow.co.uk is also highly recommended here in the UK.

--------------------

Posts: 278 | From: South Africa Baby!!!! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Tracks
SPONSOR
Member # 19120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Two Tracks   Email Two Tracks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of specs are you looking for Mike?
Wood? length? draw wt.?
Chuck

--------------------
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

http://www.twotracksbow.com

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Posts: 5899 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PZee
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21149

Hi,

Sorry, Chuck pointed out the link doesn't work, thanks Chuck. It's

www.yewtreearchery.co.uk

Sorry!!!

--------------------

Two Tracks
SPONSOR
Member # 19120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Two Tracks   Email Two Tracks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT
What have you found out Mike?

--------------------
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Posts: 5899 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Tracks
SPONSOR
Member # 19120

Thanks for the update PZee. They look like some goodbows. I worked out a couple of laminated ELB's and they really zip an arrow.
I gifted them for Christmas and I hope to get them back in the shop for some photos. I will keep you all posted.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Chuck

--------------------
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Bob Barnes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Barnes   Email Bob Barnes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The link above looks right but it goes to "yeatreearchery" for some reason...
http://www.yewtreearchery.co.uk/

- I had the guy that shoots the cool yew war bows at mojam make me a yew bow... John Murray... you might ask him since you know him Mike.

Bob

--------------------
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Posts: 2238 | From: St. Vincent, Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainman
Contributor 2017
Member # 1185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainman   Email rainman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike I have seen Horseapple make some pretty Elb's.

Merry Christmas

--------------------
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Posts: 947 | From: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, I recommend you give Ted Fry a call, I have seen some nice ELB's he made.

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5456 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)