2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hey Clicker Shooters

Author Topic: Hey Clicker Shooters
2Blade
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11880

Icon 5 posted      Profile for 2Blade   Email 2Blade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got my 3Rivers Archery catalog. On the first page it shows a guy posing with a monster buck that he took with recurve. I noticed he had his clicker on the lower limb.

It got me to thinking about how ive seen more shooters shooting with a clicker on the lower limb or lower part of the riser. Is there any advantages to have the clicker lower on the bow?

--------------------
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Posts: 902 | From: Ithaca, New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2016
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure isn't easier stalking!

--------------------
If you are a dedicated, ethical, and responsible bowhunter, check out The Professional Bowhunters Society.

Posts: 6128 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twigflicker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twigflicker   Email twigflicker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried it low when I first tried a clicker... saw some like that, but it was always getting hung on something... the string is a lot longer than when mounted up high on the top limb...

Jonathan

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Posts: 1016 | From: Jeffersonville, IN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2Blade
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Blade   Email 2Blade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks thats what I thought thats why I found it strange to see so many people with it lower. This year I took mine through brush and didnt have much problem but as twigflicker said I can see the longer rope getting snagged.

--------------------
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Posts: 902 | From: Ithaca, New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manitoba Stickflinger   Author's Homepage   Email Manitoba Stickflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always gone with high on the top limb. The less string the better.

--------------------
http://stickflingers.com/

Posts: 2046 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Ryan, I keep mine high on the limb, for me that is where the string is least likely to snag on things. It still got caught on things when running the mountains after elk or kitties so I took mine off until later this winter when the blind bale workouts start again.

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5509 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A.S.
SPONSOR
Member # 9316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A.S.   Email A.S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've positioned mine just about everywhere possible over the years. I've settled on placing them high on the top limb. No difference in shootability, just the shorter cord.

--------------------
http://www.tenringstrings.com

custom flemish twist bowstrings

Posts: 4158 | From: Ruckersville, Va | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2Blade
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Blade   Email 2Blade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know guys thanks. Looks like mines staying on the top limb.

--------------------
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I've never used a clicker are they difficult to set up and understand? As in most things there is a learning curve, my question is just how steep is the curve.
Sign me feeble of mind.
Thanks in advance!
God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12012 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark land
Contributor 2008
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark land   Author's Homepage   Email mark land   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been shooting clickers for many years and normally had it on the bottom limb, but the cord kept getting caught in my open quiver spot when I removed that arrow so I moved it up top and seems to work well and hangs up less in brush as well. Mark
Posts: 962 | From: Cartersville, GA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2Blade
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11880

quote:
Originally posted by Mudd:
If I've never used a clicker are they difficult to set up and understand? As in most things there is a learning curve, my question is just how steep is the curve.
Sign me feeble of mind.
Thanks in advance!
God bless,Mudd

IMO clickers are an amazing tool to both beat target panic and make your form automatic. There is a certain degree of commitment because you have to get use to one. Not very hard to setup simply stick it 6-7" below your string groove. Get some compound D loop material and put it through the clicker and burn the back so it cant pull through. Then you just have to set it so you can anchor then slightly increase back tension to trigger the click. If done proper your hand should touch your shoulder. My rule is "Dont pull to it pull through it"

--------------------
The Stuttering Bowhunter

chris_qc
Member # 7164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chris_qc   Email chris_qc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must have missed something. Arent' you supposed to put it on a non-working part of the limb?
Posts: 46 | From: Brossard, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My rule is "Dont pull to it pull through it"

[clapper] [thumbsup] [archer]

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1278 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2016
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. You aren't supposed to put it up there, but I can't tell any difference and it is MUCH more convenient up there.

--------------------
If you are a dedicated, ethical, and responsible bowhunter, check out The Professional Bowhunters Society.

Posts: 6128 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)