2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » My Mulie nemisis (pic) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Mulie nemisis (pic)
unregistered
Member # 17018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unregistered         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well was looking through a thread on this years Deer kills and saw a beutiful Mulie. Figured I would post a pic of a Mulie I have been trying to bag for three years now. Actually missed him in 2008. One of these days Mulie one of these days!

-

He is the bad boy in the top left. Wouldn't mind stickin the one on the right either.

Posts: | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earthdog
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Earthdog   Email Earthdog       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollow out one of them hay bales man.

Beautifull animals,hope you get em'.

--------------------
Winning or losing is not the important thing,,the important thing is how well you played the game.

Posts: 427 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John3
Contributor 2017
Member # 571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John3   Email John3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alberta is a game paradise. I would have to break my bear addiction so I could chase all the mule deer and whitetails!!

Let us know when you do get him killed.

John III

--------------------
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor". Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 2938 | From: Berger, Missouri | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yowzer!! Ya he is a dandy!! Do you have any closer pics and what do you think he would score?

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6916 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fido dog
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fido dog   Author's Homepage   Email fido dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollow out a bale??? Not too far off track. You could build a wire blind disguised as a bale....think about it.

Hmmmmmmmm??????

--------------------
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Posts: 703 | From: Pine, CO | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blazelefty7
Member # 22729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blazelefty7   Email blazelefty7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome picture...Fido Dog has a good idea. Double Bull makes a haybale blind/kit, but its fairly pricey.
Posts: 86 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LKH
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LKH   Email LKH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a double bull. Go to the hardware store and get enough 1/4" bunji cord (they sell it bulk) to go around twice. Put one below and one above the bales. Put grass, hay, whatever in and they just don't notice it.
Posts: 788 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fido dog
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fido dog   Author's Homepage   Email fido dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget the Double Bull. Just get some wire at a fraction of the price and start weaving hay in it. I'm cheap...LOL!

--------------------
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Posts: 703 | From: Pine, CO | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian Krebs
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Krebs   Email Brian Krebs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
borrow a hay bale blind from a goose hunter... you might have to sneak out to shoot- but it might work..

--------------------
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Posts: 2556 | From: North Fork , Idaho | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PAPA BEAR
Contributor 2010
Member # 15895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PAPA BEAR   Email PAPA BEAR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just get some fine mesh chicken wire and form it how you want then stuff the holes with long dry grass....perfect blind.my buddy did it and worked like a charm.just cut the edge off each side and wire sections together or overlap the edges and use twine to tie them together.chicken wire(fencing) is very formable and cheap to buy.works great.

--------------------
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Posts: 4009 | From: washington | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pete p
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pete p   Email pete p   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good luck, next yr might be the yr. world class mulies up in your neck of the woods, i have seen some of the mule deer that come out of peace river...200"+ every yr!
Posts: 1234 | From: minnesota | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dpowers311
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dpowers311   Email dpowers311   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that is your land why not put a few of thoose bales together and a tarp on the open side. If it sits out all season it should not spook the deer.

Dave

--------------------
Bryan Holley Spirit Longbow
62" 50@28
Timberhawk Falcon
62" 48#@28

Posts: 196 | From: Shelbyville Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CA BOWHUNTER
Contributor 2017
Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CA BOWHUNTER   Email CA BOWHUNTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I would go with the double Bull Hay bale Blind,on my Antelope Hunt last year I had four Mulie Bucks come right in to the waterhole I was hunting,I was in a double Bull Blind they paid it no attention.

--------------------
Pronghorn Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Member
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why
(Mark Twain)

Posts: 1623 | From: Northeastern CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Holden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Holden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck with that mulie. Look forward to seein you holdin' him up next fall!

-Jeremy

--------------------
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Posts: 1532 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntingFool
Contributor 2008
Member # 14899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntingFool   Email BowHuntingFool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats an awesome pic! What time of day was this taken??

--------------------
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Ojibwa Bowhunters

Posts: 3578 | From: S.E.Wisconsin/N.Michigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)