2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Bareshafting Arrow Dynamic Arrows (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bareshafting Arrow Dynamic Arrows
outdooru
Member # 14654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outdooru   Author's Homepage   Email outdooru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been shooting Carbon Tech Panthers but just ordered a 6 pack of AD's to try. I saw a review that stated you can't bareshaft these arrows. Is that true? If so how are you guys tuning them for your setups?

--------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting, Holy #@%*, What a ride!

Posts: 36 | From: West Fargo, ND | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Wald
Contributor 2010
Member # 15100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Wald   Email Jerry Wald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't u just try it adn let me know - I have arrows - NO BOWS right now - throwing them isn't working [biglaugh] [biglaugh]

jer

Posts: 1608 | From: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joekeith
Contributor 2016
Member # 7856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joekeith   Email joekeith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah some say you can't, but some of us do it anyway. I guess we don't know any better. [readit] Try it. It sure seems to work for me. [knothead]
Posts: 2190 | From: Dittmer, Mo. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bornagainbowhunter
Contributor 2014
Member # 21829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bornagainbowhunter   Author's Homepage   Email bornagainbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can bareshaft any arrow. Keep in mind that a perfect bareshaft arrow flight is sometimes slightly weak spine when you add feathers.

--------------------
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Posts: 1958 | From: Crow Mnt., Arkansas | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRY309
Contributor 2016
Member # 1191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRY309   Email JRY309   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have bareshafted my AD Trad's and Trad Lite's,it worked for me.
Posts: 6164 | From: ohio | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leatherneck
Contributor 2014
Member # 11436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leatherneck   Email leatherneck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine bareshafted just fine. But who am I anyhow. Give it a shot. Some say they wont bareshaft right because of the taper on the nock end. Thats what they say anyhow.

--------------------
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Posts: 4439 | From: Bethesda, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They bareshaft good for me. I use Adcock's method.

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5456 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ringneck
SPONSOR
Member # 3367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ringneck   Author's Homepage   Email Ringneck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bareshaft them just fine.

--------------------
Swafford Knives

From my hands to yours.

Posts: 2034 | From: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenbrook
SPONSOR
Member # 14234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenbrook   Author's Homepage   Email tenbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need their AD's....Just fletch em up and shoot em!

--------------------
Tenbrook Archery
LIKE Tenbrook Archery on Facebook

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oregon Okie
Contributor 2014
Member # 16137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oregon Okie   Email Oregon Okie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now I'm confused... bareshaft or don't. I was hoping to get these shooting out of a 54# and 60# at my draw... some say yes... some say bareshaft which won't get me the same numbers I'm sure???

So.. AD's for both or just get two different setups for the same money probably for each bow??

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Posts: 799 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg Owen
2017 Contributor
Member # 14380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Owen   Email Greg Owen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming the bows are similar style (meaning both recurves or longbow without any added enhancement such as one being carbon foam and the other not), I would bareshaft the ADs so they are a bit stiff in the 54# bow and a bit weak in the 60# bow. Fletch them and they should do well from both.

--------------------
Greg >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Posts: 672 | From: Rochester, WA USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arrow4Christ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arrow4Christ   Email Arrow4Christ       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they don't it's because they're inconsistent in spine...the 6 that I put on my spine tester varied in spine by 7# and 5# around the circumference of the shaft.

Craig

Posts: 1267 | From: Hooker, Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing gets feathers in our house if it hasn't been spined, weighed and bareshafted first-that way there are no surprises later.
Posts: 9987 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joekeith
Contributor 2016
Member # 7856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joekeith   Email joekeith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could probably use the Trad Lites, or the Hammerheads for both......I got both, but prefer the Hammerheads. [knothead]
Posts: 2190 | From: Dittmer, Mo. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthernCaliforniaHunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernCaliforniaHunter   Author's Homepage   Email NorthernCaliforniaHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They bareshaft alright, but what I've found is that you'll find a point where your shortening of the shaft stops having dramatic effect on flight... a "good enough point". Start with the lowest point weight you have, get them flying "good enough", put feathers on 'em and I think you'll find that they are incredibly forgiving. I shoot from 175 to 300 gn up front with no problems out of both my bows.
TradLites for the 49# bow and Trads for the 68#.

--------------------
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Posts: 1652 | From: Santa Rosa, California | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)