2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Little Chopper dimensions?

Author Topic: Little Chopper dimensions?
Jeremy
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 4149

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jeremy   Email Jeremy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have the dimensions of the different banana choppers handy?

I'm looking to modify one to chop a low profile 5" fletch. If that's not going to work I'll just make my own again, but shop time is very limited these days

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Posts: 5065 | From: East Haddam, CT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremy : I just made the slots longer on the little chopper and cut a little off the ends to let it come up closer to the blade. It was very easy to change around . Hope this helps. Drew

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6071 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rraming
Contributor 2016
Member # 19822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rraming   Email rraming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a regular banana chopper (little chopper) and added 1/4" leather to the base and now it cuts 4 7/8" banana - if you send me you email I can send you photos - I have no photobucket account. Without reducing it they would be good for Flu Flu's
Posts: 1606 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeremy
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 4149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeremy   Email Jeremy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess what I'm really asking is what height the stock choppers cut.

The different websites list the length and I know the various ways to modify them, but if they're too far out from what I want to modify I'll just make another chopper. I want a 5" nanner that's a hair under 5/8" (the same as what my shield chops). If the regular chopper is only slightly higher than that I can back the center screw out and add a spacer. The low profile chopper looks better, but it's so darn long!

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Posts: 5065 | From: East Haddam, CT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAG
Contributor 2014
Member # 3882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAG   Email JAG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeremy, I've got the Low Profile Banana Chopper.
Length is 5 3/16" Height is 9/16"
I adjusted the settings to work out as that.
I'm sure you can adjust it a bit to get what you want.
You can alwys call the Little Chopper folks, and get one set up to your specs. I'm working with a new co. right now, NuFletch, to make cut some feathers to a special spec. and the Little Chopper folks built one just like we wanted.
If you don't have their number, e-mail me and I'll get it to you. Worth looking into.
Johnny/JAG

--------------------
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Posts: 2339 | From: Elberta, Alabama | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)