2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » New to me Dwyer Dauntless, pics. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New to me Dwyer Dauntless, pics.
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lamey   Author's Homepage   Email Lamey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been keeping my eyes open for a Dwyer Dauntless, almost ordered one a few months ago, but fought the urge. Well the "urge" won out on this one, purchased "used", but appears to have been shot very, very little. Was too heavy for the original owner, I have seen "new" bows that appear to have been shot more than this (judging by the arrow rest).

This one is 62", 56# @ 28, "no name" on bow (lucky me). The riser is a combination of Osage/Cocobola/Ebony with accent stripes between the woods. The limb core is tempered bamboo, with Curly Maple limbs. If it looks somewhat familiar, there are 4 or 5 photos of this particular bow on the Dwyer web site gallery.

Havent shot it a whole bunch, just enough to get the brace worked out to 7-1/2" (tried 7, 7-1/8" as well). The grip is very comfortable, very smooth drawing, and dead in hand. Its not quite as "quiet" as my Toelke Whip, but its not noizy either. I would say it runs a close second to the Whip in the "silence" catagory of all the R/D bows ive shot. Looking forward to shooting it more when my CX 250's arrive.

Here are a few pics, couldnt get a good "braced" full length shot to constrain to 640 x 640, but these will give you the general idea... its a looker-

-

-

-

I love the Dwyer "mark", probably my favorite-

-
 -

Posts: 2238 | From: Jasper, AL | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a looker for sure....Nice looking bow and congrats!
Posts: 4035 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LongStick64
Contributor 2015
Member # 18059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LongStick64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lamey
You always have something sweet to look at. So when are you selling this one.

--------------------
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Posts: 2410 | From: New York - LI | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lamey   Author's Homepage   Email Lamey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think this one is a keeper.... for now anyway!
Posts: 2238 | From: Jasper, AL | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Adams
Contributor 2014
Member # 14364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Adams   Email J. Adams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bow and great pics! Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Posts: 614 | From: Raton, NM | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bolong
Contributor 2014
Member # 21156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bolong   Email bolong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great looking bow, good wood too.
Posts: 1918 | From: arkansas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Holden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Holden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice lookin' bow!

--------------------
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Posts: 1530 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRY309
Contributor 2016
Member # 1191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRY309   Email JRY309   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice,beautiful bow,congrats!
Posts: 6167 | From: ohio | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SveinD
Contributor 2011
Member # 21557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SveinD   Author's Homepage   Email SveinD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamey:
Here are a few pics... these will give you the general idea... its a looker-

[readit]

--------------------
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 1254 | From: Norway | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Covey
Contributor 2012
Member # 14989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Covey   Email Covey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one sweet looking bow. I'm start'n to get an awful hanker'n for one of them R/D longbows. Darn you guy's! Jason
Posts: 1920 | From: South Central Indiana | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bullfrog 1
Contributor 2016
Member # 10432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullfrog 1   Email Bullfrog 1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Dwyer original in the same combo. NICE. BILL
Posts: 1034 | From: Maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sentinel
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sentinel   Email sentinel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bow. I recently bought String Cutter's Dauntless, 62", 52# @ 28". Had it out once at an indoor range and I thought it was very quiet, fast and very stable.It's one of the nicest long bows I've owned so far.One of these days I'll have to take some decent pictures of it.
Posts: 160 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curveman
Contributor 2007
Member # 2572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curveman   Email Curveman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

--------------------
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1983 | From: Chelmsford, MA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

Thanks guys, im looking forward to getting in the woods with it!
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Nice!!
Posts: 4138 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)