2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Two Tracks - Ambush Recurve - Thoughts??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Two Tracks - Ambush Recurve - Thoughts???
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried out the Ambush Recurve from Two Tracks? Looks like a great little bow. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jake

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6906 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake : They are great bows , fast even with my heavy arrows (875 gr)and 42#@28 draw bow. Smooth with no shock and a great grip, fits the hand very nicely. I have a long draw(30") and can shoot it well. I do get some finger pinch with such a short bow but I can live with that . Last but not least its pretty quiet , overall I like it alot . Hope this helps Drew  -  -  -  -

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6056 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SELFBOW19953
Contributor 2016
Member # 297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SELFBOW19953   Email SELFBOW19953   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake,

I love mine, 54@28. As Drew said, fast and quiet. Excellent workmanship and a fine looking bow.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

My first 7 shots at 20 yards (65-70# chundoo with 160 gr points).

-

--------------------
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow." Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Posts: 2494 | From: DELAWARE | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drew
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake, chuck makes a nice bow, it shoots well and it would make a great blind or treestand bow.
He had one at our Bunny stomp and I don't think I heard a bad thing about it from everyone that shot it.
I have a 29" draw and enjoyed shooting it.

--------------------
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Posts: 2000 | From: St. Johns, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not shot one yet, however I have spoken with Chuck a couple of times, and he knows his stuff.... It is on my list for sure...

Chuck is a great guy, and a wealth of information...

Posts: 4713 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Fellas, I was kinda hoping for some bad reviews so I wouldn't have to spend any more money... [knothead] [Big Grin]

Phil and Drew- Thanks for the pics, those are great and just exactly what I was hoping for with this thread...you guys are the best [Not Worthy] What is the riser wood in those?

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6906 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doug g
Contributor 2016
Member # 16288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doug g   Author's Homepage   Email doug g   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have one on the way shot one at our Bunny Stomp and had to have it.

--------------------
TGMM

Posts: 846 | From: Cedarville MI | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2016
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to say "ditto" to what Gator said!

--------------------
If you are a dedicated, ethical, and responsible bowhunter, check out The Professional Bowhunters Society.

Posts: 6121 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luv2bowhunt
2017 Contributor
Member # 4943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luv2bowhunt   Author's Homepage   Email luv2bowhunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have shot one and really liked it alot. It is definately on my to get list. Smooth draw and I did not notice any finger pinch at my 28" draw. Very manuverable and points well.

The only negative I have to say about the bow is that someone came up to me while I was shooting it and said "Thats a cute bow..." [Big Grin] Big Men don't shoot "Cute" bow right? LOL!!! I guess this guy will... and I'll even shoot pink feathers with it [Smile]

--------------------
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Posts: 1493 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2016
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I did not read EXACTLY what Gator said...just the part about Chuck being a good guy and knowing his stuff. I have shot the Ambush and would not be afraid to get one if I was in the market for a short bow. I just got rid of my Dark Archer and only have one Super Shrew left, I'm going on a longer route.

--------------------
If you are a dedicated, ethical, and responsible bowhunter, check out The Professional Bowhunters Society.

Posts: 6121 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake : I have no idea on the woods in this one sorry . Drew

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6056 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Tracks
SPONSOR
Member # 19120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Two Tracks   Email Two Tracks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake and Drew, That bow has an all Bacote riser as does the one that Phil(selfbow19953) is shooting. Thanks Again all.
Chuck

--------------------
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

http://www.twotracksbow.com

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Posts: 5899 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Thaxton
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Thaxton   Email Dave Thaxton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never shot one but a cool looking bow.

--------------------
64"55@28 Kohannah Flatbow
60"53@28 Robertson Peregrine
68"45@28 Howard Hill Redman

Posts: 513 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntin_sparty
Contributor 2016
Member # 22754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntin_sparty   Email huntin_sparty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive got one on order for my short curve needs! Cant wait.

--------------------
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Posts: 769 | From: SE Michigan | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadbow
Contributor 2017
Member # 7420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadbow   Email kadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jake, Jake, Jake.... the quest never ends. Or should I say the fun never ends.

--------------------
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Nebraska Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2505 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)