2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » what hunter would steal (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: what hunter would steal
Curveman
Contributor 2007
Member # 2572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curveman   Email Curveman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm for harsh sentencing for thieves and the like. I'd be fine with stocks in the public square. These days they pay a fine and get counseling at the taxpayers expense! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1983 | From: Chelmsford, MA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poison arrow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poison arrow         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure it wasn't the wind? If it's not nailed down people will most likely steal it. If it is nailed down and they want it they will use tools to get it.
Posts: 166 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barney
2017 Contributor
Member # 2983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barney   Email Barney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, i gotta say, I don't leave anything and am surprised when other people do. I might leave a treestand but it'll be locked with a cable. The ranch I'm turkey hunting currently has no one else on it. I still take everything back with me. If you felt safe, I guess you could've left your bow too.

It's a shame but it's what the world has come to.

Posts: 2004 | From: Wapiti, Wyoming | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Lail
Contributor 2013
Member # 3084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Lail   Email T Lail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would hope that no true "hunter" would do that...it takes a low life blankity-blank to steal.....have had several tree stands and blinds taken....burns me to the core.....

--------------------
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Posts: 1160 | From: Vale, NC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wildcat hunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wildcat hunter   Email wildcat hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time take a dump in it and let it in the center where he can smell / see it!
Posts: 233 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twostrings
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twostrings   Email twostrings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry jtwalsh62
Posts: 255 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stickytoes
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stickytoes   Email stickytoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear. i will never forget the first stand stolen from me....i looked and looked until it finally dawned on me that someone stole it....kinda took the wind out of my sail
Posts: 132 | From: midland michigan | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really sorry to hear about that. Most likely the person is not a hunter and was just looking for anything to pay for their next few days of meth.
Posts: 9987 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quickblood
Contributor 2014
Member # 8209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quickblood   Email Quickblood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another sad experience, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It seems like that type of behavior is getting to be all too common.
Posts: 544 | From: Central PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowferd
Contributor 2010
Member # 12556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowferd   Email Bowferd       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to agree with Bjorn. The market is alive with thieves that can make a living poaching on others. I live out in the sticks and still lock up tight when I leave.
6 years ago I left my residence just on the outskirts of town for an hour to have lunch with a old close friend. When I returned someone had broke in and stole 2 handguns that weren't locked up in the safe and 70% of my knife collection that I'd started collecting when I was a teen.
Two of the individuals were caught with 1 of the handguns in a drug related bust a couple months later.
The guy lived abot 1/4 mile away and they had been casing my place and habits.
I did get back a nice Ruger stainless 22 target pistol but the 9mm SS Beretta 92 and none of the knives were ever recovered.
The court did send them on a expense paid 2 year vacation but did not require that they pay restitution.
These guys were actually holding merchandise in there rented house and garage until they had enough of a load to rent a truck and pawn it off out of state 100's of miles away.
Justice may have been done but the agrieved were not reciprocated.
Hope they get run over by a Mack truck.

--------------------
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Posts: 2026 | From: Elba, Nebraska | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nontypical
Contributor 2017
Member # 3863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nontypical   Email nontypical   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya!! Went to hunt my fav. spot last season just to come to a empty tree!Yep steps & stand stolen.A week later with lock-on & climbing stick in hand,climbed up and shot the buck you see to the left.I hope he/they are not so fortunate with the stuff they steal!!

--------------------
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Posts: 741 | From: Roaming the Wilds of NJ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing. That is what a hunter would steal. A thief will take anything he can. Good luck with your turkeys and Good Hunting!

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5099 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksbowman   Email ksbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since all the other stuff was still there is there any chance it could have blown away? I've had that happen and found it in a fence quite aways away. Ben

--------------------
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Posts: 1836 | From: Paola,kansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost a blind and a tree stand. I hate loosing them both but I really hated it for Jefferson who I had loaned the tree stand to. It was stolen off of his own property which adjoins public land.

I'm sorry for your loss.

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12012 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass76
Contributor 2017
Member # 18083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass76   Email glass76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your loss. I've had tree stands stolen myself. I know how you feel.
Posts: 1070 | From: AZ | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)