2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » OUCH!! My ankle! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OUCH!! My ankle!
amar911
Contributor 2013
Member # 15808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amar911   Email amar911   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did exactly the same thing a few months ago. I kept some ice on my ankle and foot when I could for a couple of days and then was careful not to overstress my ankle and further injure it. I was doing pretty well in a few days, but it took several weeks to get over it completely. I have thick ankles that are not injured easily and have seen others suffer for much longer after similar incidents. Good luck. Hope you heal quickly. There is not much you can do to speed up your recovery. Just don't do anything stupid to make things worse.

Allan

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3231 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gudspelr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gudspelr   Email gudspelr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you've got a good plan so far. Let me second what Smokin Joe said about the lace up ankle support-its WORTH it. I rolled my ankle pretty bad years back and still wear the support if I'm going to be doing any sporting type stuff. Depending on what kind of boots you'll be wearing, I'd strongly suggest wearing the brace on your hunt. Your ankle may feel pretty darned good by then, but I can tell you that rolling it again on that soon after the initial injury hurts a lot and would likely be a lousy end to your hunt. Hope all goes well

Jeremy

--------------------
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
- William Morris

Craftsmen strive to make their products both.

Posts: 989 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cure for sprain is RICE - rest, ice, compression, elevation. Still takes time. Being gimped you will be able to sit longer in a blind and will be able to still hunt like us old geezers - walk a little look a lot.

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5099 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)