2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Trad Gang at Compton (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Trad Gang at Compton
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As part of the Compton gathering each year a Trad Gang "meet & great" has become part of the tradition. I am going to be helping to coordinate this years event.

We have Saturday morning from 11 - 12 scheduled for a meeting of all Trad Gangers who would like a chance to put a face with a name. We will meet in the main seminar tent.

I was working the booth last year and since I was still in storm recovery mode I didn't make it over to the meeting last year. For those that did, what can we do differently this year to make it better?

I'm planning to have name tags available, and thinking maybe a white board to sign in on. Would some people like to have a round of shooting with different members afterward? Maybe just throw names in a hat to match up groupings so that you can get a chance to get to know some new people?

Any other ideas or suggestions? Just let me know and we'll make it happen [thumbsup]

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10391 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Fishell
Contributor 2007
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Fishell   Email Tim Fishell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, Glad to see somebody is still heading this up. I didn't make it last year either because of my storm recovery at home!! [banghead] Hopefully this year I will be around for the get together.

--------------------
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4788 | From: Holland Michigan | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salemons
Member # 21367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for salemons   Email salemons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty new here but would sure like to meet other members. I plan to be there with my daughter. Nametags are a great idea. This will be our first gathering and it sounds like a blast!!

--------------------
Quinn Stallion Classic 53#
Quinn Stingray 35# limbs
66" Mohawk T/D 45#

Posts: 97 | From: NorthWest Indiana | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hormoan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hormoan   Author's Homepage   Email hormoan       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I missed that one also, guess I was de-mudding all your gear Joe [Wink]

I'm in for this year, weather permitting [Big Grin]

Posts: 2981 | From: Otsego, Mi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN   Email GREATBROWNKNOCKEMDOWN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JOE YOUR IDEA SOUNDS GREAT! This new transition to trad archery has been awesome for me! I have heard that compton is awesome and cant wait! Just like i cant wait for the ND trip!! Thanks to you and Bruce again!!!

--------------------
Big River 1pcs longbows 60 47@26
Big River 2pcs longbow 62in 50@26
Big River Flatbow 60in 57@26
Dave Ricke Recurve 60in 47@26
WISCONSIN TRADITIONAL ARCHERS
Neosho Archers

Posts: 653 | From: Wauwatosa Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntingFool
Contributor 2008
Member # 14899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntingFool   Email BowHuntingFool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah sounds like a great idea! I like the shooting a round with tradgangers! I too can't wait for Compton and ND with you, Bruce and Raf!!!!

--------------------
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Ojibwa Bowhunters

Posts: 3578 | From: S.E.Wisconsin/N.Michigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mattson
SPONSOR
Member # 6887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mattson   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mattson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the dates for Comptons? I am not sure if I will be back from Alaska to make it.

--------------------
http://www.thetradshop.com

Posts: 1315 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowHuntingFool
Contributor 2008
Member # 14899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowHuntingFool   Email BowHuntingFool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul, the weekend of the 18th of June. Hope your back in time!

--------------------
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Ojibwa Bowhunters

Posts: 3578 | From: S.E.Wisconsin/N.Michigan | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are going to be at Compton's but Jason will not be traveling with us. (new baby duties)

So please stop by the booth and say howdy. I'm probably not going to get to the TG gathering.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9249 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason R. Wesbrock
Charter
Member # 367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason R. Wesbrock   Email Jason R. Wesbrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idea, especially the round of shooting part.
Posts: 3771 | From: Northeast Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff Whip! Missed last year for bear hunt but will be there for sure this time. See you all there.

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5096 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onions
Contributor 2016
Member # 11946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onions   Email Onions   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I can get out of work that day, I am in
Thanks Whip for organazing!

chris <><

Posts: 1077 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winterhawk1960
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winterhawk1960   Email Winterhawk1960   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll be there !!! Gonna drive up on Thursday and come back home on Sunday. Looking forward to putting some faces to names and would love to shoot a round with some "Trad Gang" folks.

Sign me up !!!!! [campfire] [archer2] [archer]

Winterhawk1960

--------------------
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Posts: 1915 | From: Parkersburg, West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for owlbait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I hook up with someone with a dakota bow and Rick Welch training? I need some help! Like the shoot a round idea. Great way to walk and talk.

--------------------
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Posts: 6321 | From: Hesperia, Mi | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JPE
SPONSOR
Member # 9152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JPE   Author's Homepage   Email JPE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Idea ; We will have booth duty but hope everyone stops by to talk. Jim

--------------------
http://jpetraditionalarchery.net/

Posts: 334 | From: St. Mary, MO | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)