2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » is #45 enough for turkeys??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: is #45 enough for turkeys???
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adkmountainken   Email adkmountainken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Ron!!!! no i don't question the bow what so ever, just wish i had more time to work up a better arrow/broadhead combo. i plan on using it alot this year hunting, DIDN't plan on using it this quick as it is pressed in to action! NO it will never be sold again, to much mojo and i have a couple bows that mean a whole lot to me, this is one of them.

--------------------
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Posts: 7026 | From: the great Adirondacks | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Wrenn
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Wrenn   Author's Homepage   Email James Wrenn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot them in the head.If you miss you don't hurt anything and if you hit them they don't fly off.Don't have to worry about your arrows bouncing back at you with light weight bows either. [Wink]

--------------------
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Posts: 4075 | From: Durham ,NC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SveinD
Contributor 2011
Member # 21557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SveinD   Author's Homepage   Email SveinD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try some of them Guillotine style broadheads.
Look like the best way to get them quickly!

--------------------
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 1254 | From: Norway | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adkmountainken   Email adkmountainken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hunt some preety thick ridges, not sure a Guillotine would be good there. lots of turkeys, big woods, NO fields.

--------------------

Posts: 7026 | From: the great Adirondacks | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Northwest_Bowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Northwest_Bowhunter   Email Northwest_Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by acadian archer:
I took a 300#PLUS bruin with a 41# RECURVE.

acadian archer, was that a black bear? It takes a special kind of courage to go after a 300# Grizzly with a 41# recurve.

--------------------
Michael

** Poppa can we go out and shoot bows and arrows? ** My boys

Posts: 583 | From: Silverdale, Washington | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acadian archer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acadian archer   Email acadian archer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, it was a black bear who weighted in at 320. I am so hooked , I can't wait for september as we don't have a spring hunt.

wish we had grizzly out here but none in eastern canada. I've since gone to 44# so maybe a trip out west to meet the grizzly would be a good idea .

beautifu animals they are. saw a few when I worked out west.

--------------------
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Posts: 443 | From: Weymouth, Nova Scotia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allanburden
Contributor 2017
Member # 12080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allanburden   Email allanburden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go get 'em bro. I use my 48# K-Mag for turkeys and have no reservations what so ever. Gotta love them old Bear bows! Good luck brother.

--------------------
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Posts: 507 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allanburden
Contributor 2017
Member # 12080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allanburden   Email allanburden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww heck...what am I saying, I use the K-mag for everything in the woods down here these days [Smile] ! At least until I finally pick up another longbow [Wink]

--------------------
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Posts: 507 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmerc
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmerc   Author's Homepage   Email jimmerc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You bet Bud, I used to hunt with a kodiak hunter that was 44#@28" Go get yourself a turkey!!

--------------------
1- kajika stik combo,RC 55@28/LONGBOW 57@28 Both W/diamondback skins

1- monarch longbow royal 68" 59@28
1- bear kodak hunter-44@28

Posts: 955 | From: cicero ny | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
Contributor 2016
Member # 3237

ok feeling better as i have 6 ceders with 160 snuffers flying well. seem to work better then the carbons, now a need a turkey to cooperate!

--------------------

Prairie Drifter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prairie Drifter   Author's Homepage   Email Prairie Drifter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are two turkeys I got this past fall. One w/ a 44# Maddog longbow, one w/ a 47# Rocky Mtn Recurve. Both worked out fine.

-

-

--------------------
Maddog Bows (16)
Rocky Mnt Recurves(2)
Sierra Blanca Bows (2)
Mike B.

Posts: 1213 | From: Montana | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcgroundstalker
Contributor 2017
Member # 10420

Icon 14 posted      Profile for mcgroundstalker   Email mcgroundstalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go for it Ken! Just put the arrow in the right spot.

... mike ...

--------------------
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Posts: 4100 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ken, let me shoot one with your bow and I will give you an answer to your question. [biglaugh]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16702 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaun
SPONSOR
Member # 2320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun   Email Shaun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be using a 42# 59 Kodiak tomorrow morning.

Used a 40# 1959 Bear Alaskan last year - worked fine.

--------------------
www.taurusbows.com

Posts: 5099 | From: Iowa City,IA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowferd
Contributor 2010
Member # 12556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowferd   Email Bowferd       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys have got to be kidding me. I've never even seen a 45# turkey.

--------------------
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Posts: 2026 | From: Elba, Nebraska | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)