2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » The Wensel's "And the horse you rode in on" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Wensel's "And the horse you rode in on"
OkKeith
Contributor 2010
Member # 10984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OkKeith   Email OkKeith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

You and I BOTH know "Redneck" is more a state of mind than birth geography. I've met rednecks who have never even heard of cornbread and wouldn't know what to do with a sow-belly to save their lives.

I've even met rednecks from other countries.

"Thank God I'm a country-boy..." - JD
"...'Cause a country-boy can survive." - HWJr.

OkKeith

--------------------
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 869 | From: Norman, OK | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Kissner
Contributor 2014
Member # 1258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Kissner   Email Bill Kissner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loaned my copy to a friend many years ago and he never returned it. He said he did not remember me loaning it to him so I suppose it is gone forever.

--------------------
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Posts: 1220 | From: Wayne City,IL/Mancos,CO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Logsdon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Logsdon   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Logsdon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keith, I noticed you're quote: "...'Cause a country-boy can survive." - HWJr. I've known Bocephus for over 25 years and have spent a good amount of time on his silver eagle tour bus, at sounds checks, and on stage photographing his shows. That probably gives me a enough field experience to pen a copy of REDNECK 101. Did you know that Gene once lived close to Hank in Montana? Kinda makes you wonder who influenced who??? Picture Gene and Barry with their t-shirts soaked with beer swaying to the beat of "Buck Naked" (That's an actual song title moderators:^)) On second thought, try NOT to picture that!

Here's a link to photo of me and "Rockin Randall" http://www.logsdonstudios.com/hankjr3.jpg

--------------------
Gary Logsdon

Posts: 1645 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MR BILL SHORTY
2017 Contributor
Member # 15752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR BILL SHORTY   Email MR BILL SHORTY   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NICE PICTURE GARY WITH YOU AND HANK
LOANED MY COPY TO A FRIEND IT'S GONE

Posts: 1075 | From: Bristol RI | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Wensel
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Wensel   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hank Jr. had a home a cross the field from me when I lived in Montana. When he first moved into the "neighborhood" I was in the yard shooting my bow when a fancy Mercedes four wheel drive with dark tinted windows pulled up. I walked over while the tinted windows went down. It was Hank. He said, "You're Gene Wensel, aren't you?" I answered, "Ya...who are you?" Ha! He used to come into my office once in a while. Actually we really blew it while we were filming our old "Spirit of the Bow" DVD. While we were shooting the tiny saccharin tablets out of the air, he happened to come by. I should have asked him to throw pills for us. Never thought of it. Rednecks are all over the world Gary.....
By the way, the final printing of the infamous bookmark was scheduled to be done in scratch and sniff....

--------------------
www.brothersofthebow.com

Posts: 544 | From: Libertyville, Iowa 52567 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OkKeith
Contributor 2010
Member # 10984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OkKeith   Email OkKeith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool picture Gary!

Like so many insults, those who were called Redneck adopted it with pride.

Not had a chance to see the book everyone is talking about. Looks like I am on the hunt for a copy now.

OkKeith

--------------------
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 869 | From: Norman, OK | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IndianaBowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IndianaBowman   Email IndianaBowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gene, how about a reprint of the book! I'll take a signed copy!
Posts: 1533 | From: Kinderhook, NY | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Holden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Holden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was curious about this "book mark" until I read it was supposed to be scratch and sniff. I'm not curious anymore.

-Jeremy

--------------------
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Posts: 1521 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onehair
Contributor 2016
Member # 5061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onehair   Email Onehair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry , was it a typo that Carville left off the W.
Posts: 1028 | From: Liberty, Ms | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shakes.602
Contributor 2014
Member # 4176

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Shakes.602   Email Shakes.602   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe O.J. The Convicted Felon, Finally, can read Your Book in his "Spare" Time!! Besides, I thought Folks In Prison Couldnt Get At the Money their Movie or Books they Write Hit the BIG TIME , or am I Mistaken?? [Confused]
Too Much "Judge Judy" I suppose. [knothead] I Damn Sure dont want to be standing in Front of Her at ANY time of My Pathetic Little Life!! [thumbsup] Kinda Like "SPRINGER"!! If YOU get an Invitation to Be ON the Next Show, Throw it away!! Because Chances are Pretty Good, It wont go Well for YOU!! [scared] [scared]

--------------------
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Posts: 5567 | From: Crawfordsville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onehair
Contributor 2016
Member # 5061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onehair   Email Onehair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was following along pretty good until
Maybe O.J. The Convicted Felon.........

Posts: 1028 | From: Liberty, Ms | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnV
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnV   Email JohnV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"By the way, the final printing of the infamous bookmark was scheduled to be done in scratch and sniff...."

I don't even want to guess what the bookmark was going to smell like!

--------------------
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 437 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
SPONSOR
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite item in there was the new line of underwear with the pre-printed strips in them.

I thought for sure that would end up a winner.

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8805 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B.
2017 Contributor
Member # 7465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up a copy on Ama Z N this morning. I believe there were a few more to be had..

Good luck

Posts: 2716 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weezy
Contributor 2016
Member # 18743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weezy   Email weezy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dusty;
Look on amazon.com used books. $24.95 + $3.95 shipping.I get my copy out every year or so for some laughs. Funny stuff.
Bob

--------------------
TRADITIONAL ARCHERY
It's been in my blood for 40 plus years.
It's priceless!

Posts: 398 | From: steeleville illinois | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)