2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » bears with my Daddy's bow (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: bears with my Daddy's bow
Steve O
Contributor 2016
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan,

You ever weigh those giants?

That is a great picture with your Dad. Save one of those [thumbsup] Looking forward to meeting him.

--------------------
If you are a dedicated, ethical, and responsible bowhunter, check out The Professional Bowhunters Society.

Posts: 6121 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wannabe1
Contributor 2014
Member # 7774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wannabe1   Email Wannabe1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! This is one that you can continually pass down! Great story and great bear. [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
"TGMM" Family of the Bow.
"Good shoot Papa!" My son Robert after every shot I make whether good or bad.

Posts: 6901 | From: Albany, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
Contributor 2017
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

1.Congrats
2.What a pig
3.Where do I send my deposit [Smile]

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3116 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wv lungbuster
2017 Contributor
Member # 18161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wv lungbuster   Email wv lungbuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW what a monster congrats.

--------------------
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Posts: 1917 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpcjon2
Contributor 2012
Member # 21374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpcjon2   Email lpcjon2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Posts: 8143 | From: NJ to GA back to NJ =Lost ;) | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manitoba Stickflinger   Author's Homepage   Email Manitoba Stickflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say I've ever weighed any of the bears I've killed. My father guided in a camp that did weigh them and he said he got quite good at estimating weight. He estimated this bear between 425-450. I thought closer to 400. I killed one a few years back (the video is on my website) that we could not physically move...not an inch. I'd put that bear 150 heavier than this one.

I've always used the sqare footage and skull combination as that doesn't change seasonally. I suppose if weight was important to me than fall would be the time to hunt. They sure do look cool in the fall. However, the hide length is much shorter in the fall.

Steve....the lucky touque was in my pack as being in the high 80's it was too warm to wear it. Still looking to buy a pile of those to logo up for next spring. Worse case scenario...you get to use the one with mojo!!

--------------------
http://stickflingers.com/

Posts: 2046 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely "the cat's meow!"!! Just how stinkin Cool is this? "Over the top!" I'd say. I mean just thinking about how you did it with your dad's old bow with your dad running the video... and man! what a trophy bear to top it off. CONGRATULATIONS!

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12009 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a nice one....well done!!!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15447 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbowben
Contributor 2015
Member # 13980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbowben   Email longbowben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats great story.And thats an outstanding bear. [Not Worthy] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Posts: 3262 | From: Bethesda ohio | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2Blade
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2Blade   Email 2Blade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan way to go!!! Huge bear and great photos! I always look foreword to your spring bear threads. Keeep on clickin!!!

--------------------
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Posts: 899 | From: Ithaca, New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really nice bear..but Oh my being able to take him with your Dad's bow and Dad filming [thumbsup] Doc

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8447 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding!

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5797 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steadman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steadman   Author's Homepage   Email steadman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!! Great bear agin Ryan! Congrats!!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Posts: 4826 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
term
Contributor 2015
Member # 18749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for term   Email term   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would give my right n.. to hunt with my daddys bow! Congrats. TERM

--------------------
Still looking for something I might of forgot.

Posts: 363 | From: Republic Missouri | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunter 709
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunter 709   Email Hunter 709   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7'6"??? 20" Skull??? I thought you were going to hold out for a big one (lol). Congratulations on a monster, and shot from the ground too. I can't wait to see the video, looks like it was an amazing experience. That old Wing still has some smack left in her. I love the pic with your Dad, very cool.

--------------------
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Posts: 394 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)