2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » First bear with longbow, thanks Derlago (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: First bear with longbow, thanks Derlago
cleopatra
Member # 9689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleopatra   Email cleopatra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday at 6:30 pm, I harvested my first black bear. Broadside shot at approx 15 yards. Howard Hill Big 5 56#@26". Arrows easton Stepic 600's. Wensel woodsman broadheads. Bear made it 5 yards from the bait and it was a quick kill. I have to thank Ryan Derlago for all his advice on this one. Bear was also shot in Moose hills lake region in northern Alberta. Not a huge bear, but I am happy to get one under my belt. Again thanks Ry, and good luck on your hunt. [I][/I] [img] greatwhitehunter [/img] [img] bearpic1 [/img] [img] bearpic2 [/img]
Posts: 66 | From: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steadman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steadman   Author's Homepage   Email steadman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Your pics aren't showing though.

--------------------
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Posts: 4826 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations--nothing quite like the rush of taking that first bear. My first was a bit more exciting than that. [scared] Took my second one last year and am booked again this year with Eldon Jandreau of Hunters Point Guide Service in Portage Lake, Maine. He called me day before yesterday to let me know that my mount from last year's bear is on the way to me [Smile] Eldon also runs a taxidermy business so that makes the taxidermy part easy.....Dave
Posts: 4046 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleopatra
Member # 9689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleopatra   Email cleopatra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no clue how to get these pics on. I will try this weekend. I recommend Ryan Derlago for bear hunts, he's a sposor on this site.
Posts: 66 | From: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures. I know that most likely pictures of one is about as close as I'll get to hunting them again.

I did go down to Arkansas once on a Black Bear hunt but even it didn't amount to much because we were muzzle loading for them.

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12013 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done!!! I am still waiting for my first Bear!

Lets see those pics!! [readit] [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6908 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Wald
Contributor 2010
Member # 15100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Wald   Email Jerry Wald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats..PICS MAAAAAAN PICS

Jer Bear

Posts: 1608 | From: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpcjon2
Contributor 2012
Member # 21374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpcjon2   Email lpcjon2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to you! I cant bear not seeing the pics!

--------------------
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Posts: 8143 | From: NJ to GA back to NJ =Lost ;) | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stiks-n-Strings
Contributor 2011
Member # 21118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stiks-n-Strings   Email Stiks-n-Strings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, I plan on going to Eldons next year, I have talked to him a couple times and I'm taking my daughter so she'll get fist chance at a bear before I do.

I'm mainly going for her anyway. She's wanted to bear hunt since she was 8 and she will be 15 this year so I better take her soon LOL

--------------------
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
2 Cor. 10:4
TGMM Family of The Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Posts: 3575 | From: Petersburg, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wv lungbuster
2017 Contributor
Member # 18161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wv lungbuster   Email wv lungbuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats

--------------------
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Posts: 1917 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Day Dreamer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Day Dreamer   Email Day Dreamer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, get them pics figured out, good luck with that, been there done that with posting pics.
Posts: 531 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fix the pics! We gotta see! Congratulations!

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5800 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steadman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steadman   Author's Homepage   Email steadman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one of the pics. I will get the other one tom. Congrats!
 -

--------------------
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Posts: 4826 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethan Grotheer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ethan Grotheer   Email Ethan Grotheer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet!
Congrats

Posts: 155 | From: Stockton, MO | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well-done!

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6045 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)