2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » covered in red bugs! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: covered in red bugs!
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use gaiters (sp) that I bought several years ago that were made by buckwing. They are made of a stretchy material that is kind of like an elbow brace. Works well for keeping chiggers, ticks, redbugs etc from crawling up my pant leg.

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5800 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spectre
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spectre   Email Spectre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avon "Skin so soft" lotion is the bees knees. Used it in service in the desert.

--------------------
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Posts: 974 | From: Rupert, Idaho | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW...I hate bug BITES! Guess cause of all the danged allergies, but I swell up something awful at a bug bite site and it STAYS swollen and itches like fire for 2 weeks. Chiggers? Had em last year and didn' know you could get em in PA! I about scratched myself raw [scared] [Eek!]

Been using the permanone spray for years. I find that by laying out my clothes, spraying till damp, my full head covering, hat, gloves, shirts, pants, socks...and letting them line dry and air 24 hrs...

.... ready? I don't even get bothered by skeeters! Hunted Blackwater Refuge for sika on Md's E. shore... and they were everywhere...but would dive in and back off...kinda neat... that was before T-cell came to live at my house!

Had that same "hover but don't land" experience with skeets for many years. And I'm the guy at a cookout who gets bit when nobody is being bothered...so yeah, I'm kinda a huge fan of permanone!

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13243 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-dog
2017 Contributor
Member # 6871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-dog   Email J-dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really havnt stressed em, chiggies, here in the past few years and in eastern NC they can be rough. seed ticks can be a pain - turn white socks brown! I keep my trousers tucked away in my socks covered by a knee boot - seems to be a big help.
Thermacell is awesome on the skeeters.

J

--------------------
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Posts: 2015 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trashwood
Charter Member
Member # 827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trashwood   Author's Homepage   Email trashwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hunt in in any month that starts with a "2". [Smile]

rusty

Posts: 5715 | From: fort worth, TX | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)