2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Scrap=Project

Author Topic: Scrap=Project
SkottyBoy
Contributor 2014
Member # 20698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SkottyBoy   Email SkottyBoy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some leftover peices of landscaping timbers, 2x4s, an old door my wife was throwing away and some carpet a neighbor was throwing out and turned it into a tagret holder/backstop. Cheap is good @ my house. [archer2]
 -  -

--------------------
>>>------Scott------->

Posts: 542 | From: Walnut Ridge, AR | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m midd
Contributor 2016
Member # 20067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m midd   Email m midd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lookin good

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Posts: 1413 | From: jonesboro Arkansas | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopewell Tom
Contributor 2016
Member # 23301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopewell Tom   Email Hopewell Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really similar to what I have in mind after some other threads here on targets and backstops. I like the "roof" idea and that's a good way to layer the carpet. I have the odd "flyer" though that needs a bit more backstop size. Perhaps NO backstop would focus a fellow more.... Nice work.

--------------------
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Posts: 2193 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone Knife
Contributor 2015
Member # 10014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stone Knife   Email Stone Knife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good use of scrap [thumbsup] look how much money you saved to put towards some more arrows and such [archer2]

--------------------
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Posts: 6940 | From: silversprings ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wv lungbuster
2017 Contributor
Member # 18161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wv lungbuster   Email wv lungbuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice [thumbsup]

--------------------
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Posts: 1917 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done. [thumbsup]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15444 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love projects utilizing scrap material.

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 4973 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jediazul
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jediazul   Author's Homepage   Email jediazul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just can´t help wondering what kind of pounds you are shooting to back up your target like that!!! Looks like it could stop an RPG round!! Ha ha!! Nice
Posts: 247 | From: Spain | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the way you ran the carpet, one of the best ways to stop a miss out there!

Well done!

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6906 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpcjon2
Contributor 2012
Member # 21374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpcjon2   Email lpcjon2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks great! and that is the biggest rack I ever saw.WOW!

--------------------
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Posts: 8143 | From: NJ to GA back to NJ =Lost ;) | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John3
Contributor 2017
Member # 571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John3   Email John3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great work... I too love "scrap" projects...

--------------------
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor". Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 2938 | From: Berger, Missouri | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragnarok Forge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragnarok Forge   Email Ragnarok Forge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love a cheap result that works and looks good.

--------------------
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone. It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Posts: 3246 | From: Vancouver, WA. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcgroundstalker
Contributor 2017
Member # 10420

Icon 14 posted      Profile for mcgroundstalker   Email mcgroundstalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is soooooo cool!

... mike ...

--------------------
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Posts: 4098 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Holden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Holden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American ingenuity baby! Nice recycle job.

-Jeremy

--------------------
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Posts: 1520 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StanM
SPONSOR
Member # 859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StanM   Author's Homepage   Email StanM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheap is good at my house too, Skotty. Useful is even better. Nice job!

--------------------
Red Feather Archery

Posts: 1899 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)