2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Has Trad Gang gotten too large? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Has Trad Gang gotten too large?
horatio1226
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horatio1226   Email horatio1226   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good cause is a good cause. Is it about the kids or the feelings of the "grown ups"? Its a great cause BUT, because sombody posted something that I took personally, ahh the heck with the sick kids??? [Confused]

--------------------
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Posts: 2380 | From: Coxsackie, NY | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whip...Don't beat yourself up.

Since you posted this this morning, we have had the biggest listing day so far by far. 46 listings. The night is young, and lets see what else it brings...

Ya done good!!!! [readit]

Remember, 'no good deed goes unpunished'....but the rewards are the far greater!!! [campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30277 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horatio1226
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horatio1226   Email horatio1226   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in !

--------------------
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Posts: 2380 | From: Coxsackie, NY | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whip, You did a real good thing buddy! [Not Worthy]

The negativity of some is just ridiculous, yes...ridiculous!!

I'll never understand how some people think [dntthnk] [Frown] sad really....

I mean seriously...you're not going to participate because of a thread about trying to get things going to make more money for sick kids....com'on!

Keep the faith guys,never mind the folks that just "don't get it"

I'll say it again, Whip you did good brother!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17648 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jhg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jhg   Email jhg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just like politics. Its now "us" vs "them", "you" vs "me".

Thanks to everyone their contributions, however they see fit to make them. Lets not let this drift into bad feelings.

J-

--------------------
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Posts: 1284 | From: colorado | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deadbolt, I don't argue about stuff on here. Please, just go back and read my last post and if there is something about it that you don't understand or take exception to send me a PM.

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10395 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nakohe
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nakohe   Email Nakohe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deadbolt,

I have read this whole thread and no one is pressuring anyone to donate or bid that I could see. Whip was just reminding us that the auction was coming up and if we had things to donate we needed to get it done. I applaud you for what you do in your eveyday life, but do not make judgements on others for what we do. I have been a member here for quite a while and have never been pressured to do anything. This site has become a family to me that has prayed for me and helped me through some tough times. Loosing a wife to cancer, loosing a job to a bad economy, etc. They step up each and every day to help one another in either deed or prayer and I am proud to be a member here. I have participated in the St. Judes acution every year because it is a great cause not because I felt pressured to do it. Participate if you want to or not if you do not. No one will judge you either way. Ok enough of the soap box. Nuff said

--------------------
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Posts: 2646 | From: Pottsboro, Texas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whip,

I always like making lemon aid out lemons.....so I'll make up for the "friend that was doing to donate a few items but is not because of this post" tomorrow....not sure how, but I will. I'll find something to make up for it.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30277 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Throop
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throop   Email Throop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to donate but don't have a card also I thought up that trade gang should charge ten dollars a year and donate that money to st Jude's. It would also keep people from just signing up and possibly ripping people off. 10 dollars a year membership donated to the kids. My thoughts.

--------------------
Adam Throop
Mohawk Longbow
64" 49@28

Posts: 130 | From: Martinsville, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for owlbait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whip, I love ya Brother! Not a better person or more well meaning thread started in awhile. I must've got your vibe because I posted another small item on the Auction site before I read your post. I love helping the kids, but I'm a little selfish too. I have great fun bidding, sniping, and buying items.

--------------------
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Posts: 6321 | From: Hesperia, Mi | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Surtees
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Surtees   Email Larry Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horatio1226 posted:

A good cause is a good cause. Is it about the kids or the feelings of the "grown ups"? Its a great cause

Ask these folks what they think

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=d1473cb95601a110VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD&vgnextchannel=7f0b7ff0be118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2064 | From: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I have read and re-read Joe's original post on this thread and am amazed that anyone would take it for anything other than what it was intended. If you can not donate, do not feel obligated to donate, spend your time and resources elsewhere, or otherwise do not want to participate, so be it.

I can not imagine feeling personally insulted by the call to action that was originally posted. I certainly can not imagine being so turned off by it as to change your mind about donating to the St Jude's cause.

I understand the toughness of the economy and the fact that as a society we are spread pretty thin right now. However, the number of donors vs the number of tradgang members speaks to general apathy.

Joe, thanks for trying to rally the troops. Your intentions were noble and the results have been more positive than not.

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5800 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John3
Contributor 2017
Member # 571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John3   Email John3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread Whip...!

This is ALL about the kids.

Lets do this big time June 1st...!

--------------------
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor". Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri

Posts: 2938 | From: Berger, Missouri | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will NEVER understand the attitudes of some posting here. I am grateful to Whip for the post--I put up a beautiful bow and set of Autumn Orange arrows. I can be counted on from now on to support the sick kids that St. Jude's helps. Haven't felt this good in a while. Whip you are the man [Not Worthy] .
Posts: 4039 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaft slinger
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaft slinger   Email shaft slinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't going to donate this year as i give all year long and was having trouble getting things together this year, i have cancer and it is hard to find time between treatments and trying to get the every day things done, i will get it done though, may not be much but it will work.
All i can say is if you don't want to
give then DON,T, you won't be missed by me ,but maybe by the kids.
And
who ever your are I Hope You never have to go through this. [archer2]

Posts: 891 | From: rockford,il | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)