2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Has Trad Gang gotten too large? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Has Trad Gang gotten too large?
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
quote:
Originally posted by pdk25:
I just don't think that the judgements that are implied in this thread on someone who chooses not to donate are justified. I've bid on items in the past for this auction, but I think I'll sit this one out.

You are going to miss out on your own blessings of the fun of the auction, and not help sick kids based on Whip's post?

Hurt yourself and the kids based on a post?....Cut your nose of to spite your face? What kind of attitude are you promoting? Think about it. What are you accomplishing with that mentality?

Don't get me wrong. I hope that more people donate and that you get record numbers again. I'm glad that more people decided to participate based on this post, and I'm not rooting against the auction. Believe me, I do my part more than you know.
Posts: 5398 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenneth
Contributor 2010
Member # 12868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenneth   Email Kenneth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
Whip,

I always like making lemon aid out lemons.....so I'll make up for the "friend that was doing to donate a few items but is not because of this post" tomorrow....not sure how, but I will. I'll find something to make up for it.

Count me in as well for a little extra to make up for a couple who don't want to donate now. I know I have a few more things here somewhere.

Great post Whip!! [thumbsup] Thanks to all who donate and contribute to this great cause!! [pray]

--------------------
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out. [Wink]

Posts: 1875 | From: Winston-Salem, NC | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad that Terry and Whip made the posts they made.
Did I feel pressured into giving because of them or their posts... nope.. but I did feel a conviction in my heart that I wanted to do for some sick children who need me to help as best I can. That conviction didn't come from Terry or Whip but I thank them for helping me kick start my thinking.

I wear my heart on my sleeve as most folks know but I make no apology for that. I also speak my mind/heart but never push anyone in any direction or belief.
I've been here since Moby Dick was in a fish bowl and I am a proud member of Tradgang, always have been, always will be.
If I ever offend anyone with my posts I would hope you'd pm me like a decent person and we can talk, if nothing else maybe we can agree to disagree.. that's fine....

But this is about the kids and it really only "happens" for the most part once a year.

My past experiences tells me most folks have fun with it and feel good about what we've(tradgang) has done and is doing for the kids and the kids alone.(it's not about us)

Sometimes folks are in such a position that all they can give is applause.. and applause and cheerleaders are always welcome and needed.

I ramble too much! Forgive me!

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12011 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shinken
Contributor 2015
Member # 18740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shinken   Email Shinken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Mudd! Amen!

IT is FUN!

Shoot straight, Shinken

--------------------
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Posts: 3575 | From: Tri Cities Washington | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for owlbait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retracted. PM if you want to discuss it.

--------------------
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Posts: 6321 | From: Hesperia, Mi | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, YOU DONE GOOD......REAL GOOD! Don't pay any mind to those who tell you different.

Terry,
There is no need for you to find anything new for the auction; you contribute more then your share already. I have your pledge covered with a couple of donations. They will get posted this weekend when I get home and am able to take some good pictures to post with the items.

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5495 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoilSpring
Contributor 2017
Member # 16899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoilSpring   Email CoilSpring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deadbolt said, "Glad to see the (my) post got yanked..."

Perhaps one day you will have the wisdom to understand truly why it was yanked, but it will take a change in the way you think and in your attitude to gain that wisdom. For your sake and the many you help everyday as an EMT, I hope you seek that change. I understand where you're coming from - I've been there; it's just no fun there all by yourself.
Take care,

--------------------
Coil Spring

Posts: 554 | From: North Alabama | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoilSpring
Contributor 2017
Member # 16899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoilSpring   Email CoilSpring   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps one day...

--------------------
Coil Spring

Posts: 554 | From: North Alabama | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before i gave a bunch of my stuff away last year I considered this, but I was embarrassed about how hard my bows get used, even though I know they are all 100% other than the finish. But then those who have them have done well with them, and could put them to good use. However, I don't like to see anyone judging and arguing, it may discourage bidders, like me. I challenge anyone with a good 50 to 55 pound short left hand recurve to donate it. If you got one I will be jumping all over it.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5618 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pavan; You shouldn't be swayed one way or the other by discussions/arguments on this post. Bid and/or donate if you think that is the right thing to do. I'm done posting on this thread because I don't want it to be construed that I am against the auction or trying to convince others not to participate.
Posts: 5398 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
30coupe
Contributor 2017
Member # 9663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30coupe   Email 30coupe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never done anything with the St. Jude's auction in the past because I seem to be donating to some great cause every time I turn around, and there's only so much I can do on a teacher's salary. I am now two days away from retirement, meaning my income will drop to 65 percent of a teacher's salary. I do think St. Jude's is a wonderful cause, but I kept wondering as I read this entire post, what I could do about it.

I will try to find something to bid on, but funds will be limited. I finally figured out something to donate that I think will be a great item, and mine seems to be the only one listed. I'm putting up my copy of Primal Dreams! I have watched it a few times and probably could a few more, but it will do more good with someone else viewing it and the kids benefiting from it.

Thanks for the post Whip! I really wasn't all that committed until others started posting negative responses. I don't think St. Jude's is what Tradgang is all about at all, but I can't find it in my heart to see anything negative in your trying to do a good turn for children. I have three children, three grandchildren, and have taught hundreds of other children. I remember Danny Thomas's passion for St. Jude's when I was a kid watching him on black and white TV. What has always stuck with me is the fact that NO CHILD IS EVER TURNED AWAY! What could be more powerful than that?

On the positive side, even though the number of items may be lower, the donations have kept a pretty close pace. I joined in 2006. Since then we have 2.48 times as many members. In 2009 we donated 2.05 times as much as was donated in 2006. The number of members was about 2.13 times as many as in 2006. That's coming pretty close, considering the economy.

Keep up the great work guys and gals!

--------------------
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Bamabows Expedition Hunter III 60" 48# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3222 | From: Manly and Bellevue, IA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mattson
SPONSOR
Member # 6887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mattson   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mattson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Just read six pages of posts, the only thought I can add to this; if you have a dime put it up for auction. Someone will bid a $1.00 on it.

--------------------
http://www.thetradshop.com

Posts: 1315 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Terry to Whip

"Since you posted this this morning, we have had the biggest listing day so far by far. 46 listings. The night is young, and lets see what else it brings..."

What ever works [Smile]

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_a_hunter
2016 Contributor
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_a_hunter   Email just_a_hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you all, and God bless those kids..

Todd

--------------------
"Before you get down on yourself because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Posts: 1215 | From: Rangely, Colorado | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it is true that we all can easily find people in need that could use a hand in many places, my experience with trad shooters is that they are the first to step forward to lend a needed hand, this is certainly one of those times. I don't think anyone should feel bad about not having something to donate or if money is tight, they are limited in that way. I can add this, once about thirty years ago, we did not have enough money to buy groceries. A couple across the street came over, he tuned my little pickup because he heard it back firing. Noticing that money was tight for us, he handed me a twenty. I told him that I would pay him back when I got paid. He said no. He got the twenty from a door to door salesman. He was unemployed and told the salesman that he had no job and no money. The salesman told him to give the twenty to someone else in need and to tell them to do the same for someone someday. Not bragging, but I am still giving that twenty dollar bill away and it keeps coming back. If you cannot give this time, do what you can for whom ever, when you get the opportunity. Times are tough right now for many and they may very well get worse. It is a good time for everyone to pull together and do what ever we can do to be the helping hand for someone in need.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5618 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)