2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » "New" RER in the family (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "New" RER in the family
Skipmaster1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skipmaster1   Email Skipmaster1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up an RER Arroyo this weekend and am loving it. I am more of a longbow kind of guy but I really like this bow. It's 55# @28" and i'm pulling closer to 29". It's 60" and has no finger pinch or strack. It's really quick and quiet to boot. I played around trying to tune arrows to it and I got some good combinations but it was still grouping to the right of where I was looking. I almost always have this problem with recurves, probably because I am used to longbows that are not cut to center. I know that after shooting a bit my body adjusts and it will hit where I am looking but I wanted to be able to pick up any bow and just shoot it. I build out the strike plate with a piece of brass HIT insert and covered it with velcro... a little playing with arrows and bingo, she hits right where i am looking!

Sorry about the pics, I guess going from a cool house to 90 degrees and humid fogged my camera lens.

-

-

-

Posts: 873 | From: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wannabe1
Contributor 2014
Member # 7774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wannabe1   Email Wannabe1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful bow. Congrats. [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
"TGMM" Family of the Bow.
"Good shoot Papa!" My son Robert after every shot I make whether good or bad.

Posts: 6901 | From: Albany, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wv lungbuster
2017 Contributor
Member # 18161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wv lungbuster   Email wv lungbuster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome looking!!!

--------------------
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

Posts: 1917 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan White
Contributor 2016
Member # 22123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan White   Email Dan White   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Looking [Cool] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 220 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Arroyo's are real shooters, that's for sure! And I guy must have some pretty good confidence in his shooting to use railroad ties and a BBQ grill as a backstop! [Eek!]

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10391 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skipmaster1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skipmaster1   Email Skipmaster1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Whip:
Those Arroyo's are real shooters, that's for sure! And I guy must have some pretty good confidence in his shooting to use railroad ties and a BBQ grill as a backstop! [Eek!]

Hahha, you should see all the FP's still stuck in them ties!
Posts: 873 | From: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vermonster13
SPONSOR
Member # 8675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vermonster13   Email vermonster13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gives the pics an artsy look. Nice bow congrats.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

http://www.blackswanarchery.com/

Posts: 21856 | From: Rutland, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhilNY
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhilNY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice
Posts: 209 | From: Syracuse New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Izzy
Contributor 2016
Member # 10828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy   Email Izzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, I thought you were fodling that bow an awful lot.Nice.
Posts: 8503 | From: latham, new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billy shipp
Contributor 2014
Member # 142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for billy shipp   Author's Homepage   Email billy shipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]
Posts: 1886 | From: Republic Of Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Night Wing
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Night Wing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking bow. [Smile]

--------------------
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Posts: 3131 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that was going to happen, I saw you cheating on your Shrew...lol!!!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15447 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Boar
Contributor 2010
Member # 13779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Boar   Email Red Boar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's my buddy...great bow Greg and nice job on the pics! Good luck with her this season.

Tim [archer]

--------------------
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Posts: 1036 | From: FL | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.Williams
Contributor 2016
Member # 4890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J.Williams   Email J.Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like your shooting hasn't suffered any Greg...enjoy your new toy.I'm diggin' that rustic fence too! [thumbsup]
Posts: 1180 | From: Esopus,NY | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRY309
Contributor 2016
Member # 1191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRY309   Email JRY309   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking bow,sweet!
Posts: 6164 | From: ohio | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)