2014 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » ST. JUDES ----KNIVES----Check them out!!!---PICS

Author Topic: ST. JUDES ----KNIVES----Check them out!!!---PICS
SKYLER W
Cadet Member
Member # 12539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SKYLER W   Email SKYLER W   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dad and I started planning this set of knives last year just after the 2009 Auction. My buddy, Russell Phillips, Really helped us out with this project. He has been a great friend of our knife making Hobby. He and I did the Knives and Dad and I did the Sheath.
It is a 2 knife set with an African Theme.
--Alabama Damascus. Both Blades were made from the same Billet and it is the Buckshot pattern.
--Heat treated and tested to 56 rockwell.
--Scales are Gaboon Ebony with Stainless Pins.
--Sheath is Vegetable Tanned Leather with Tanned Zebra. Hand stitched. The Button is Cape Buffalo Horn.
--The knives are 6 in. and 7 3/4" overall lenght.

We hope you'll bid high on this Set. A lot of Blood, Sweat and Tears went into this project. We'll tell you about the Blood and Tears when the Auction starts.

I would like to Thank Russell again for his help on this Wilson/Phillips Project.....ENJOY!
 -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Posts: 1476 | From: Alabama | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyhollow
Contributor 2017
Member # 58

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyhollow   Email sleepyhollow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW !!!!
Posts: 2644 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Surtees
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 14970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Surtees   Email Larry Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2064 | From: Pensacola, Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SKYLER W
Cadet Member
Member # 12539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SKYLER W   Email SKYLER W   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This an Armguard/knife set that was made extra special by Larry Surtees Excellent Leather Work. Alabama Damascus with Macassaur Ebony scales More pic's later....Larry can tell us more....  -  -  -

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Posts: 1476 | From: Alabama | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!] Those are going to take some cash!!!
Great job!! [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10391 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Surtees
Contributor 2010
Member # 1349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Surtees   Email Chris Surtees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait until y'all hear all the blood, sweat, and tears stories [scared]

These are truly special [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

[clapper] [Not Worthy] [clapper] [Not Worthy] [clapper]

Posts: 8060 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregg dudley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skyler, I know you are too young to know who Wilson Phillips (singing group) was. Count that as a blessing! [Smile]

That is one bad little knife with the armguard!

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5796 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! "Wilson/Phillips project" [clapper] [biglaugh]

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17648 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneshot-onekill
2017 Contributor
Member # 8353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneshot-onekill   Email oneshot-onekill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding! [Not Worthy]

--------------------
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Posts: 1747 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just beautiful !

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2667 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DW
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DW   Author's Homepage   Email DW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gregg, these 2 would complete your soon-to-be 3 pc. set.....

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 1486 | From: northeast alabama | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very, very nice! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7080 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spurhunter
Member # 23934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spurhunter   Email Spurhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, those look really great!
Posts: 23 | From: TN | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[bigsmyl]

--------------------
"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30271 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeremy
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 4149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeremy   Email Jeremy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gregg dudley:
Skyler, I know you are too young to know who Wilson Phillips (singing group) was.

And the rest of us didn't need to be reminded!! I think I could add the CD to the auction if'n it's still in the box. (it was my wife's... honest)

Great job!

--------------------
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Posts: 5065 | From: East Haddam, CT | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)