2017 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN MOVED TO 2017 St Jude Bid Forum 2.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » St. Jude Auction 2017 » St Jude Auction 2017 LISTING Forum » Jack Harrison Black Wolf Takedown Longbow - 2

Author Topic: Jack Harrison Black Wolf Takedown Longbow - 2
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up for auction, a 66” Jack Harrison Black Wolf Takedown longbow. The bow is 70#’s @ 28”, has the Harrison sleeved takedown, Black Glass, and what I would guess is a Rosewood Riser (but don’t hold me to wood species). The Bow was donated by author Don Thomas to the Traditional Bowhunters of Montana Banquet, where I won the auction. According to the information presented at the TBM banquet, Jack made this bow for Dr. Don for giving him a Heimlich maneuver and saving his life when he was choking at a banquet. I rate the bow a 9.5/10 structurally (only because it is not new) and 8/10 cosmetically. There are a few scuffs and scratches but nothing major. As anyone who has shot a Harrison bow can tell you, these bows are solid. Look at the pictures, if more are needed let me know. If you have questions post them here and I will answer anything I can, posting them here might save me numerous responses to the same question.

First Question: Did Don or Jack hunt with the bow?

Answer, from a portion of an email Don Thomas sent me regarding this bow:

"Walt—Good to hear from you. We are in Montana right now, after doing a lot of travel over the last few months. Good to be home, despite the gloomy weather.
I’m happy to help as much as I can, which may not be much. I received that bow from Jack in Alaska sometime around 1984. I have no paperwork on it whatsoever, and haven’t seen or heard from Jack in years. I did hunt with it, killed a few deer as I recall and have one picture of me with that bow and a cougar back in the day. It’s an old color print, and I don’t have a digital version. It eventually became one of a number of bows that I could not shoot comfortably because of shoulder problems."

I will cover shipping to whenever it is legal to ship.

-

-

-

-

[ May 16, 2017, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5373 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)