2017 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com   Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » St. Jude Auction 2017 » 2017 St Jude Bid Forum 1 » Real Deer Hunting Brownies - 1

Author Topic: Real Deer Hunting Brownies - 1
nek4me
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44724

Icon 10 posted      Profile for nek4me   Email nek4me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do Brownies have to do with Deer Hunting?

It's a long story - but here goes....
Back in 1985 a friend lent me Larry Benoit's "How to Bag the Biggest Buck of Your Life" which came out 10 years earlier. In it he mentions his wife Iris makes him extra rich Brownies he takes to the woods for energy while tracking big bucks and in the back lists her recipe and since then I have been making Benoit Brownies for 32 years.

In 1999 my wife and I went to N. VT for a few days for our 25th anniversary and she said if I can find Larry I can buy a knife from him. Based on references and pictures in the book about the Benoits that came out a year earlier I found him at home and he graciously invited me in to see the Deer Hunting Museum that was his living room. We talked for a while and I bought a knife and he signed my book.

A year later I took the friend to Larry's house and this time Iris was home. Since I had already had the tour I left the friend with Larry and sat at the kitchen table talking with Iris and mentioned I had been making her Brownies for 15 years at that point which she got a kick out of. These have been a tradition in our deer camp for a long time.

So up for bid is a batch of Benoit Brownies that are the richest and most dense you can get and still call them Brownies. It will be 24 pieces about 2x2" as in the picture and walnuts are optional. I will cover shipping to Conus.

BID FOR THE KIDS!

Thanks

-

[ May 27, 2017, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

Posts: 173 | From: MA and Northeast VT | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Posts: 2362 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ronp
Contributor 2017
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To heck with the diet! $20.00.

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
NYTB
MTB

Posts: 5366 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
creekwood
Contributor 2017
Member # 5903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for creekwood   Email creekwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$25
Posts: 765 | From: Linn County, Iowa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lordswarrior
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lordswarrior   Email Lordswarrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried for the whoopie pie, but these will make a fine substitution!
$ 50

--------------------
1 Samuel 17:1-58 ... read it and decide; are you a watcher or a warrior?
Bezaleel Real McCoy 46#
Bezaleel Cougar 53#
Bezaleel Cougar 55#
Bezaleel lynx 55#
Leon Stewart Slammer 52#
Maddog Prairie pred. 45#
66 kodiak,68 k hunter

Posts: 247 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermon
Contributor 2017
Member # 26115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermon   Email Hermon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$55
Posts: 2619 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hermon:
$55

--------------------
"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30273 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Payment received, thanks!

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8869 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)