2017 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com   Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » St. Jude Auction 2017 » 2017 St Jude Bid Forum 2 » Jack Harrison Black Wolf Takedown Longbow - 2

Author Topic: Jack Harrison Black Wolf Takedown Longbow - 2
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up for auction, a 66” Jack Harrison Black Wolf Takedown longbow. The bow is 70#’s @ 28”, has the Harrison sleeved takedown, Black Glass, and what I would guess is a Rosewood Riser (but don’t hold me to wood species). The Bow was donated by author Don Thomas to the Traditional Bowhunters of Montana Banquet, where I won the auction. According to the information presented at the TBM banquet, Jack made this bow for Dr. Don for giving him a Heimlich maneuver and saving his life when he was choking at a banquet. I rate the bow a 9.5/10 structurally (only because it is not new) and 8/10 cosmetically. There are a few scuffs and scratches but nothing major. As anyone who has shot a Harrison bow can tell you, these bows are solid. Look at the pictures, if more are needed let me know. If you have questions post them here and I will answer anything I can, posting them here might save me numerous responses to the same question.

First Question: Did Don or Jack hunt with the bow?

Answer, from a portion of an email Don Thomas sent me regarding this bow:

"Walt—Good to hear from you. We are in Montana right now, after doing a lot of travel over the last few months. Good to be home, despite the gloomy weather.
I’m happy to help as much as I can, which may not be much. I received that bow from Jack in Alaska sometime around 1984. I have no paperwork on it whatsoever, and haven’t seen or heard from Jack in years. I did hunt with it, killed a few deer as I recall and have one picture of me with that bow and a cougar back in the day. It’s an old color print, and I don’t have a digital version. It eventually became one of a number of bows that I could not shoot comfortably because of shoulder problems."

I will cover shipping to wherever it is legal to ship.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 5414 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
Contributor 2017
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$100

--------------------
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 2348 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killinstuff   Email killinstuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$400

--------------------
lll

Posts: 1352 | From: Traverse City Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
Contributor 2017
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [clapper] [archer2]

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4583 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killinstuff   Email killinstuff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know Ken, this bow is worth twice my bid and that's without the history.

--------------------
lll

Posts: 1352 | From: Traverse City Michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this will help bring some excitement or bidding to this item. Don Thomas sent me the following email and picture of the mountain lion he took with this bow. He dug around until finding it then scanned it from the original slide. The quality may not be up to his usual professional expectations, but it is still better than most pictures I see posted.

Thanks Don!

“Walt—The attached is the best I can do. Not much of a photo, but it does show me and the bow. It was about 10-below that day and we had about a six-mile hike out, so I wasn’t thinking much about pictures! Hope this helps… Don”

-

--------------------
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Posts: 5414 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

TTT for E. Don's bow.

--------------------
lll

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW....different year and this would be mine!!!

The winner is going to get a true gem.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30277 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
Contributor 2017
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I didn't have such old weinie arms I would be all over this one. A stud of a bow.

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4583 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killinstuff
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13670

Out bid me Ken and I'll trade you my Black Wolf T/D 66", 58#@28" made with sitka spruce limbs and dall sheep tips. I got it from Leo before he passed, he said it was his wimpy bow he kept around for the women and children to shoot.

--------------------
lll

elkken
Contributor 2017
Member # 14892

LOL ... 48#'s is about my limit these days

Good luck on your bids, it's for the kids

--------------------

TGMM Family of the Bow

gregg dudley
Member # 3093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregg dudley   Author's Homepage   Email gregg dudley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by killinstuff:
$400

Thanks for the bid!

--------------------
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Posts: 5798 | From: weirsdale, fl | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walt Francis
Contributor 2017
Member # 1901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walt Francis   Email Walt Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Payment Received from killinstuff!

Chris, thanks for supporting the kids, it is appreciated.

--------------------

Walt Francis

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)