2017 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com   Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » St. Jude Auction 2017 » 2017 St Jude Bid Forum 3 » Texas Hog hunt Mule Creek Outfitting - 3

Author Topic: Texas Hog hunt Mule Creek Outfitting - 3
Missouri Sherpa
SPONSOR
Member # 7803

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Missouri Sherpa   Author's Homepage   Email Missouri Sherpa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
West Texas Hog hunt

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/nucduke/big%20pig.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

We have been donating a hog hunt to the Tradgang St Jude’s auction for the past 8 years and I would like to thank all of the previous hunt purchasers for coming to hunt with us and supporting this event. This year we are going to try something different, with a donation for anyone that wishes to attend a group hunt next winter.

Hunting dates are Sunday March 4 through Thursday March 8, 2018.

Arrive on Saturday March 3 for ranch orientation, depart by noon Friday March 9. (We clean the bunkhouse on Friday to prepare for the next group.)

We provide a clean bunkhouse complete with hot showers, flush toilets, kitchen facilities with cooking utensils, refrigeration, freezer space for your hog meat. Nice skinning facility. Bunks provided. We have added a new bunkhouse for 2018. We like to keep our hunters at 15 per week or less so overcrowding is not an issue. We run around 55 baits at waterholes on over 120 sections of Texas wide open wild west mesquite thickets. We have pit blinds, brush blinds, tripod stands, double bull blinds, etc. We check baits and trail cameras daily and will put you where we know the hogs have been. We also have another 20 sections of ranch on the Pecos river. The hogs on the river move up and down the river and are not as easy to pattern with bait. When the hogs show up on trail cameras we will hunt them as a bonus but we cannot count on hogs to be present on this ranch with the regularity of the University and Looney ranches. We do have dogs for tracking and retrieval. Do not attempt to track a wounded boar in the dark, this can be an unsafe practice. Much better to have a pack of Jagdterriers to dissuade any charging by wounded hogs.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/nucduke/360e7b44-148f-4922-ac3f-80661c78570e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
This is our old stud dog Vader. This is the last thing a varmit or hog wants to see coming at him. He knows he is going to die and it will be messy. We rotate several dogs through hog camp every year and will have 3-4 on hand most of the time. If your hog is dead these guys will find it.

This is not a fenced in hunt. The hogs are nomadic and are free to roam. We put out several tons of Iowa corn every winter trying to concentrate these feral hogs and keep them coming into baits. Bowhunting only. No gunfire to scare hogs off the ranch. We have been bowhunting only on this operation since 2010. No handguns or rifles allowed on our lease. We hunt hogs January 15- March 20 only. Deer season closes Jan 15 in this area. Javelina season usually closes by end of Feb. so hogs only for March hunts until further notice. Given the warm temperatures of west Texas we do not offer any hunts after third week of March.

Our Crane County ranches are about 30 miles south of Odessa Texas. Crane, Texas is the only town in the area, being the county seat of Crane County. There are several convenience stores, mom and pop cafes, a sonic, liquor store, hardware store, and a nice grocery store in Crane. One of our bunkhouses is on the northern edge of Crane, and the other bunkhouse is about 20 miles away. This is the oil patch and there are good gravel roads for access to all of the waterholes.

You will need to bring your sleeping bag, pillow, bath towel, groceries and transportation. Bring your bow, plenty of arrows and cooler for your meat. You will need a Texas non-resident 5 day hunting license. This license has been costing $48.50 for the past 15 years or so and I do not anticipate any price increase at this time. This is a semi guided hunting opportunity, kind of like a time share in a good hunting camp. You have to feed yourself, pick up after yourself and clean your own hogs. You will have an assigned hunting zone for the day. You can keep your area if you like it or have the opportunity at a new area the next day after we check the baits and trail cams. We have few rules; don't be a slob in the bunkhouse and keep it tidy, no guns on the ranch, and respect your neighbor's space by staying in your assigned area. No limit on hogs, coyotes, or rabbits. No trophy fees. No one looking over your shoulder, hunt at your own speed. We are there to help you if you need it.

There has been a new hog poison approved by the State of Texas. The ranch owner does not have any intention of allowing hog poison on these ranches. I have heard the manufacturer has cancelled plans to market this product secondary to threatened lawsuits. We will have hogs to hunt. We have had abundant rains in west Texas the past three years and plenty of forage for the hogs to make a living. Abundance is a relative term, plenty of rain for the desert but if you are from Oregon it will still appear to be pretty dry in Texas. We have never had more hogs than we do right now so it is a great time to be hunting hogs in west Texas.

This week’s hunt is for Tradgang hunters only. Hunt cost is $750.00 per hunter. We will donate $100 to St Jude’s for every hunter that completes a booking for this hunt. $250 deposit to book. Mr Terry Green has expressed his interest in hunting this week, his schedule permitting.

Here are some links to prior hunts:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=148619#000000

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=128243

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=126448

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

[ May 27, 2017, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Terry Green ]

--------------------
JDB

mulecreek.co

Posts: 844 | From: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missouri Sherpa
SPONSOR
Member # 7803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missouri Sherpa   Author's Homepage   Email Missouri Sherpa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This should replace the first nonfunctional photo link.

-

This should replace the second nonfunctional photo link.

my apologies for this inconvenience

--------------------
JDB

mulecreek.co

Posts: 844 | From: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
Contributor 2017
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone signed up for this yet ?? [campfire]

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4613 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chumster
Contributor 2017
Member # 25576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chumster   Author's Homepage   Email Chumster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sending may deposit to John tomorrow, Ken. I have never been hog hunting and have wanted to do one for a long time, plus this helps the kids of St Jude.

Sure hope to meet other Tradgang members as well, that would be a win win!

--------------------
Never wait too long!

Posts: 312 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokin joe
Contributor 2017
Member # 15756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin joe   Email smokin joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone needs to get this started -- $50

--------------------
TGMM
Compton
PBS

Posts: 2159 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokin joe
Contributor 2017
Member # 15756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokin joe   Email smokin joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I misunderstood how this works. Oops. Sorry.

--------------------
TGMM
Compton
PBS

Posts: 2159 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokin joe
Contributor 2017
Member # 15756

Looks like I misunderstood how this works. Oops. Sorry.

--------------------
TGMM
Compton
PBS

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chumster:
I am sending may deposit to John tomorrow, Ken. I have never been hog hunting and have wanted to do one for a long time, plus this helps the kids of St Jude.

Sure hope to meet other Tradgang members as well, that would be a win win!

$100 Donation...thx!!!

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30314 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$100 paid by John Berger, thanks!

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8935 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)