2017 ST JUDE AUCTION1.TRADGANG.COM
Click HERE to return to Trad Gang!

Please select and use a Message Icon that best describes your auction item ...

Auction1 Trad Gang.com   Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Auction1 Trad Gang.com » St. Jude Auction 2017 » 2017 St Jude Bid Forum 4 » Tippit Improved Pocket/Beverage Knife--4 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tippit Improved Pocket/Beverage Knife--4
tippit
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2017
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This year has been a little hard for me having gone pretty much deaf. I have twenty some knives that I haven't been able to finish up.

With what the St Jude Kids have to endure, I am very lucky. In fact I just this week had a cochlear implant and hopefully once that is programed I just might be able to hear again. It takes money to keep improving health care and save lives. St Judes has always been my number One Charity.

With that said I'd like to offer up another Tippit knife. This is my Pocket/Beverage Blade that I carry and use every day...my favorite all time knife. I will need to forge one up for the highest bidder and that may not be until the end of the summer but I think you will like it. Hand forged from 1084 carbon steel with secure Kydex sheath. OAL varies but no longer than seven inches as you don't want it to bottom out in your jeans pocket...tippit

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[ June 02, 2017, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: FerretWYO ]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8447 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to say...it rides like a carabineer very securely in your pocket. Sitting, standing, walking you won't even know it is there.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8447 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matty
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matty   Email Matty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love mine!
$100

Posts: 4084 | From: Fort Collins,Colorado | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
Contributor 2017
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$150
Posts: 5396 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 6391 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McDave
Contributor 2017
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McDave   Author's Homepage   Email McDave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$250

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Posts: 3977 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matty
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 10632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matty   Email Matty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love a good knife fight!
Posts: 4084 | From: Fort Collins,Colorado | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FerretWYO
Admin
Member # 13052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FerretWYO   Email FerretWYO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that was short lived.

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow

Posts: 6391 | From: Cheyenne Wy | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shag08
Contributor 2017
Member # 38684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shag08   Email shag08   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$275
Posts: 802 | From: Middle Tennessee | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thadbow
Contributor 2016
Member # 21824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thadbow   Email Thadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Nice! [Not Worthy]
Posts: 408 | From: Hershey PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Tippit Pocket/Beverage Knife

Safety Tips…
Your knife comes with a Kydex scabbard that holds the blade very securely. It won’t slide or fall out without being pulled out. The scabbard is folded around the cutting edge and two eyelet rivets close the top edge.

Inserting blade into scabbard…

Important to make sure the tip of the blade is inserted beyond the top eyelet before seating it all the way in. That way the tip can not pop out the top and poke your hand. Then push & wiggle the blade until it is completely seated. The tip eyelet will keep the blade from coming out the end. Always make sure the cutting edge is going in the Folded side of the scabbard Not the Eyelet side.

Removing blade from scabbard...

Hold the Kydex scabbard so the folded edge is down and your hand is completely on the scabbard…do not have any fingers between the open end of the scabbard and the handle. Pull the blade out and the folded edge of the scabbard will keep the cutting edge away from your hand.

Enjoy and be Safe…Tippit

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

tippit
Member # 1030

Winner's Choice...

I know how hard it is to wait for something you buy especially from an auction. With my cochlear implant being programed over the summer, fishing trip into the wilds of northern Maine, and Denton Hill ETAR, I'm not sure when I'll be back in my forge to make the Pocket/Beverage Knife. I can say it will be done by the end of the summer though.

So for those who want instant gratification, I'm offering up one of my Neck Knives available at the end of the auction. This one is 7 1/2 inches OAL forged from 1084 carbon steel with blade hand finished to 380 grit. The handle is a piece of Curly Maple that Dan Toelke sent me to match my Pika. I comes with good Karma as it already skinned two hogs that my son Zach shot from my Georgia lease this spring. He used a Longriver Longbow by Gus DellaGhelfa so it is totally Traditional...tippit

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

4runr
Contributor 2016
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no rush. I can wait.

$300

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8013 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
Member # 1030

Kenny,
Thanks for the bid. Are you going to Denton this year?

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

4runr
Contributor 2016
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope to. If you are going, I'll make every effort.

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8013 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Auction1 Trad Gang.com (tm) | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 - Trad Gang.com (tm)